Location: 7631 HX Ootmarsum, The Netherlands.
Notes About My Experience:
- A beautiful, contemporary Relais & Châteaux, unlike most of them.
- Feels more corporate than the average Relais & Châteaux. Maybe the only of the R&C-associated hotels where you have to pay for high-speed internet access, but the basic internet is free. It’s fast enough for videos and calls, but definitely a minus to charge for high-speed internet in my opinion.
- High quality rain-shower in the bathroom.
- Strange design where the toilet is located far from the bed and not in the same place as the bathroom.
- The bed was a bit hard. I much prefer a soft bed like the standard ones you find at Four Seasons hotels or W hotels.
- Beautiful massive garden where I had a nice walk.
- The restaurant does not have a Michelin star but is good value for money when you compare to other Relais & Châteaux hotels in this part of the world.
- Very friendly service at the reception. A big plus in my review.
- Good facilities like both an indoor and outdoor swimming pool.
- Overall a great experience and a place I can highly recommend for its value.
Duration of Stay/Visit: One night.
Why did I Select This Hotel? It’s membership of Relais & Châteaux.
My Opinion: Great experience.
I do short write-up’s about my experiences. You can visit their official website for more information.