1. Visited every country in the world. I arrived in my last country of Eritrea on April 1st, 2016 at age 27. More info»
2. Visited 101 of the world’s 134 territories. It’s even harder to visit all the territories than visiting every country. I, however, hope to complete the list and set a new world record. More info»
3. Stayed in more than 1,000 great hotels. It’s been possible with support from a lot of people. Thank you!
4. Hitchhiked with more than 1,000 different cars around the world. Nothing bad has happened to me. More info»
5. Flown more than 900 times.
6. Flown with more than 200 different airlines. I have applied for the world record for flying most airlines, but it is a long process to get it approved.
7. Experienced more than 200 fine dining/gourmet restaurants, including many Michelin. Seven of them have three stars.
8. Been on four of the world’s greatest train journeys. The Blue Train, The Orient Express, Rovos Rail and Shongololo Express.
9. Now travelling on my 10th passport. Stamps and visas add up.
10. Travelling very light. Never more than a few kilos. Laptop, smartphone, passport and credit card is all you need to live and work as a travel blogger around the world.
11. Been robbed four times. In Liverpool, Xi’an, Brussels and Gambia. The Gambia was the worst as my passport got stolen at a ferry station. I got it back by screaming out loud for help.
12. I have visited 32 of 50 American states partly in partnership with Greyhound. I expect to visit the remaining 18 in 2018 or 2019.
13. Visited the most dangerous place in the world according to the United Nations; Cite Soleil, Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
14. In December 2009, seven months before my project began, I received an e-mail from my bank manager “It does not look good.” I had a 10,000 DKK debt and could only dream of taking the project as far as I have now.
15. New Zealand, South Africa, Italy, the Seychelles, and the Maldives are some of my favourite countries. New Zealand, South Africa and Italy for the food, people and things to see and do. The Maldives and the Seychelles for places to relax.
16. As I travel nearly every day, sometimes travel planning go wrong, and I don’t manage to find a hotel in time to host me. My worst experience has been approximately 52 hours in Osaka Airport.
17. I have been food poisoned four times. More information»
18. I have been to all nine providences of South Africa, one of my favourite countries.
19. I have stayed at 31 resorts in Mauritius.
20. I have stayed at 50 private island resorts in the Maldives.